Thursday, January 9, 2014

Poetry, Lillian Gish, Lori Menger, and James Patterson

December 28, 2013

Dear Mr. Patterson,
I thoroughly enjoyed your magazine article about Lillian Gish. I have a small connection to her. My grandmother Gladys Fariss Gilbert and Lillian were classmates in Shawnee, OK. In the book Life and Lillian Gish, Ch. 15, p. 72 is a reflection written by my grandmother.
My grandmother wrote many poems and one for Lillian Gish I have attached.
Thanks again for the article.
Warmest regards,
Lori Menger  '83

James Patterson replies: Thanks for your email and gift of your grandmother's beautiful poetry to Lillian. I recall your grandmother's reflection from that 1932 book.  I have folders of poetry people have sent over the years. It is a wonderful tribute to Lillian. 

No comments:

Post a Comment