Friday, December 12, 2014

Forever New: A Poem for Lillian Gish

From among the thousands of poems people sent Lillian, here is one she shared. It's a nice holiday poem.

Forever New

Don't fear, my love, that when I've been with you

There's ever aught of luster lost to view;

That I should thirst the less for what you've giv'n

Were like an angel gro9wing tired of Heav'n;

There is no slaking thirst for such a mead,

Not all your bounty could o'erflow my need;

Could mind of man hold more than it conceive,

Then might my heart, at best, its joy believe;

Each time, I come to you with virgin thirst,

And leaving, know the next time will be first;

This, truth transcending fancy seems untrue

And keeps this ecstasy forever new.


Poet: Leonard W. Bidwell
Date Unknown




"But now I know that I

Can walk with Spring by walking at your side

On any path you tread,

For I have found 'tis Spring that follows you."


From the volumes of poetry dedicated to and inspired by the art of Lillian Gish.


Jim Patterson, Editor

No comments:

Post a Comment