Saturday, October 5, 2013

Lillian Gish, James Patterson, Esquire, Bowling Green St. Univ. (Ohio) and Controversy of "A Happy life ..."

2 messages

Ralph Wolfe < wolferh1931@yahoo.com> Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Reply-To: Ralph Wolfe <wolferh1931@yahoo.com>
To: "jamespatterson705@gmail.com" <jamespatterson705@gmail.com>
Tuesday, 9/10/13, Hi Jim:  Thanks for letter to the Sentinel-Tribune. In all conversations and in print please use the official name of the theater: The Dorothy and Lillian Gish Film Theater.  James Frasher tells me that Miss Gish never said "A happy life is one spent learning, earning and yearning."  I think he would know better than any one else. Ralph


James Patterson < jamespatterson705@gmail.com> Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM
To: Ralph Wolfe <wolferh1931@yahoo.com>
The quote is on the Internet. If you Google Lillian Gish Quotes it will come up. The last I heard from the paper is they would not use the letter as it was too long. They wanted me to edit it but I never got back to them. I guess they finally decided to do. I'll take a look at it and see what  it says.
 
Cheers,
 
Jim Patterson
 
 
How many votes on this being the most famous quote by Miss Gish? Vote multiple times as I like metrics I can report.
 
James Patterson
Happy Life to All!

No comments:

Post a Comment