Sunday, December 29, 2013

Lillian Gish, Burr Tillstrom and Company.with James Patterson as photographer.

 
Their correspondence began in May, 1950 and continued to the mid 1970s. Alex sent several early 1960s era newspaper interviews where Lillian elaborated on her attraction to Tillstrom and Kukla, Fran and Ollie. We're working on the post. Beautiful stationary, isn't it? My Aunt Sally recalled Beulah Witch! If you recall any of the other characters, please comment. We got a nice comment recently in the mail from a Christian Science Monitor reader about an earlier post. And I met a woman whose great, great grandmother wrote a poem on Lillian that appeared in Life and Lillian Gish from the early 1930s. It's digitized and post ready in a day or so as I am off to LA to catch an exhibit at the Grammy Museum.
 
PS: I have a date in a few days with Tom Wopat, whom I saw perform three times in August as the Sheriff in Trip to Bountiful at the Sondheim. He was the only cast member I caught at Stage Door! He's singing at San Francisco's Nikko January 9. We'll have a post.
 
Cheers everybody!



James Patterson soon to be back in New York!

No comments:

Post a Comment